If it were entirely up to me, this would just become a wild food breakfast recipe blog. We're a spinach scramble and huckleberry pancakes mid-week kind of family.
Included in your Fall Wild Harvest Box are two ingredients for this recipe: 1 lb of of ground Wild Idea Bison and Wild Mountain Sage.
- 1 lb. ground bison
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- ¼ teaspoon ground thyme
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon paprika powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Form into 6-8 small patties.
- Cook over medium heat on a lightly greased skillet until internal temp reads 140 F.
- Keep in mind, bison meat is much leaner than the pork sausage you are likely accustomed to, so don't over-cook it.
Photo: Jill O'Brien