This recipe comes from our friend, Chef Eduardo Garcia.
"I DAYDREAM ABOUT WALKING THE RIVERBANKS AND CREEK BOTTOMS IN SEARCH OF THESE EARTHY TREASURES AND, INDEED, THE MANY WAYS TO COOK THE LOVELY MOREL. A SIMPLE AND ELEGANT BRUSCHETTA IS ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVORITES!" -Chef Eduardo Garcia
Note: If starting with dehydrated mushrooms (like those found in your Wild Harvest Box) use these instructions to rehydrate them first.)
- 1 lb - Morel mushrooms, fresh, cleaned, patted dry, cut in half lengthwise
- 1- Shallot, quartered and sliced
- 2 - Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups - Heavy Cream
- 10 - Chives chopped or Chive blossoms
- 2-3 Tbsp - Montana Mex Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
- Splash - White Wine
- To taste - Montana Mex Jalapeno Seasoning
- To taste - Salt & freshly cracked Pepper
- 6 - 8 - Grilled pieces of crusty bread
- In a cast iron or sauté pan over medium-high heat add Montana Mex Avocado Oil and sauté the Morels for approx. 1 min. Add the shallot and cook for an additional 1 min.
- Add the garlic and stir the mushrooms and garlic for no more than 20 seconds as this is just enough to release that fresh garlic flavor.
- Add white wine and reduce by half.
- Add cream and reduce by half.
- Remove Morel cream from the heat and season with Montana Mex Jalapeno seasoning, Salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste.
- Cool and hold for up to a day (re-heat gently before serving) or serve immediately!
For more of Chef Eduardo Garcia's recipes, visit Montana Mex